I am not a 'morning person'.
Never have been. My creative juices don't even think about getting started until after noon. But lately, the Lord has been teaching me that how I begin my day often determines how fruitful the Lord is in me in the hours that follow.
Like it or not, let's just remember that we are in a spiritual battle! Every day, we have been given time to either exalt God or forget Him, to see His kingdom come and share His love or to be swept along in a current of lethargy, laziness, and unbelief. The Lord has been teaching me to wake up and begin my day by declaring who He is and reminding myself who I am in Him. As I choose to set my mind on things above when I wake up, my heart and my actions will follow!
So, I am going to share my strategy for a great day. Perhaps you have a better one, but feel free to try this if you want to begin your day in victory rather than defeat, reminding the devil that he has nothing on Christ in you!!!!
Strategy for the BEST DAY EVER:
1. Make delicious coffee with freshly ground beans. JUST KIDDING although that really is what I do...just ask my husband. :)
2. Spend time in the Word of God. Find a Bible reading plan you like or a devotional to guide you.
3. Declare out loud who God is in you and who you are in Him. The word of God coming out of your mouth is building faith in your heart and reminding the powers of darkness that they are under your feet. (see Eph 2:6)
Here is a declaration I use. You can adjust to suit the needs of the day.:
"By faith I declare that God alone is Holy. He alone is the Lord. He sent His son Jesus to die for me that my sins might be forgiven. There is salvation in no other name but Jesus. Christ alone is my Savior, my Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Christ alone is my fortress and my strong tower. He is my healer, my deliverer my provider, and my very present help in time of need. He is the first and the last, the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. He is before all things and above all things."
"Through Christ, I have become a child of God. I have been born again, and I am a new creation. I am set apart, I am forgiven, I am accepted, and I am set free from guilt and shame. I am called in Christ for good works which He has prepared for me to do. He who began a good work in me will bring it to completion. I am the righteousness of God in Christ. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. My God will supply my needs. I am complete in Christ. I am dead in Christ and I am risen with Christ. I have the mind of Christ. I am seated in heavenly places today in Christ. This day I declare that my life is not my own. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. "
"Lord, come rule and reign in me completely this day…in my body my mind, and my spirit. Have your way in me. Let your kingdom come and your will be done in my life! In Jesus' name, amen."
4. Present your requests to the Lord. Ask! I like to write my prayers down so I can see how God answers in His way and His time.
5. Do some kind of physical exercise. I know this seems 'unspiritual', but for me it is essential! I need to take care of the Lord's temple so I have energy, health and strength to do whatever he calls me to do. Find a routine that works for you, and just do it!
6. GO, enjoy your day and bless someone's socks off!!
So, there you have it: Jean's morning strategy for a great day. I would love to hear your routine and what works for you!
peace and joy,